Type: Full Time
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Who we are:
miRecule, Inc. is a rapidly growing biotechnology start-up focused on the development of RNA therapeutics to treat a variety of diseases. miRecule’s DREAmiR genomics-based discovery platform is designed to create best-in-class RNA therapies, identifying critical RNA targets for drug development in specific subsets of patients that would benefit from treatment. We then create proprietary chemically-modified RNA therapeutics with improved pharmacology, while utilizing antibodies for targeted delivery to the diseased tissue.
In this role, you will execute experimental tasks and protocols as designed and directed by a miRecule Senior Scientist and other senior research staff to advance miRecule’s drug development programs. This is a lab-based research role focusing predominantly on execution of biochemical/cell-based assays and R&D manufacturing of drug compounds. Responsibilities will also involve basic laboratory and inventory management tasks to support the entire research team.
In this role, you will be directly involved in the development of novel targeted RNA therapies, a rapidly emerging scientific field with strong potential to create meaningful therapies for patients suffering from previously undruggable diseases. We anticipate success in this role will lead to increased proficiency in basic experimental and organizational skillsets required to succeed in a drug development environment. Working at miRecule will also provide you valuable exposure to the unique aspects of drug development that are considered in the creation of tissue targeted RNA therapies.
Education and Experience:
- M.S. in Biological, pharmaceutical sciences, life science technology or related field with 0 – 2 years of experience in industry research
- B.S. and at least 3 years of experience in industry research
- Basic working knowledge of protein biochemistry
- Strong attention to detail. Must be capable of keeping accurate records and performing mathematical calculations.
- Strong understanding of aseptic technique and general sterile practices
- Tissue culture and maintenance of cell lines
- Protein characterization techniques
- SDS-PAGE, protein quantification assays, Western blotting, and ELISA
- Experience with different modes of chromatography including affinity, ion exchange and size-exclusion.
- Hands-on experience with AKTA FPLC systems is a plus
- Hands-on experience with HPLC systems is a plus
- Experience with oligonucleotide purification and associated quantitative and qualitative assays
- Experience with qPCR
Compensation and Benefits: $50,000 – $60,000.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. miRecule offers competitive retirement and health benefits. Employees will also eventually be eligible for granting of stock options contingent on company tenure policies.
At miRecule, we have strived to cultivate a mission-centered culture, enabling the creation of high-quality RNA therapies that can truly change the lives of patients. miRecule employees live the tenets of scientific rigor, teamwork, and mutual respect, allowing us to grow cohesively as a team and help each other to learn and succeed in our pursuit of this important mission. We seek individuals to join our team who resonate with this philosophy both professionally and personally.
Direct Applicants Only – No Agencies Please